Switzerland is the new focus of our outgoing Alpine Arc programme, with a specific emphasis on:
- Sustainable agriculture
- Ecological infrastructure
- Green economy
In particular, we will:
- Focus on reducing the impacts of hydropower and restoring rivers ecologically
- Promote the shifting of agricultural practices towards less resource intensive and more environmentally friendly production
- Work towards halting habitat degradation or reversing it in high value (national and international) habitats, and restoring natural ecological processes.
- Focus on reducing habitat fragmentation by restoring stepping stone habitats (ecological infrastructure) in both terrestrial and aquatic habitats.
- Work towards the implementation of a legislation that allows to incentivise/steer less energy use and resource consumption.