With this programme, we will contribute to the creation of a more sustainable global economic system. Some specific areas have been identified as bearing potential for enhanced impact through an integrated approach between this programme and MAVA’s regional programmes.
The Sustainable Economy programme will focus on valuing natural capital, green finance and resource efficiency.
In particular, as a first step, we will:
- Promote the integration of the conservation and restoration of natural capital into national green economy planning
- Encourage the finance system to become aligned to sustainable development goals and to support the Green Economy transition
- Promote sustainable infrastructure so that it is the preferred option for project planners and investors
- Work towards the implementation of accelerated circular economy and an ambitious legislation in Europe
- Focus on the redesign of plastics to allow for circular material flow